Weâ€™ve said it before – websites are no longer an optional part of a business. They give you the unique opportunity to present information to your customers and potential customers when they research and compare you to your competitors. Without stellar content, the time your potential customers spend on your website could be a waste.
Creating awesome website content is a process that starts with a good plan. Whether you are creating a new website or updating an existing website, you should complete an evaluation of your organization before digging in and composing your content. Each time we meet with a potential new client, and even when we recently updated our own website, we start here, with these five questions. Recently, we worked with ASPELL Recovery Center here in West Tennessee and began with this same process to find out what information was crucial to include on their new website. We also have a number of other new websites in development, so keep an eye out for those launching in the coming months.
Do you know your organization?
- What is your companyâ€™s history? To clearly communicate who you are to others, you need to know who you are internally. Spend time with your management teams and employees talking about your past, present, and future as an organization.
- Do you have a Mission or Vision Statement? If you do have one, make sure these statements identify who you are as a company. If you do not have one, consider crafting one before launching or relaunching your site.
What makes your organization unique?
- What do you do that others donâ€™t? Why would you be chosen over your competitors?
- There is always something that makes us unique from others. It is essential to identify that in order to show your customers why your business is the better choice. Once you know this aspect of your company, you are ready to tell the world!
Who are your competitors?
- Name your top competitors – those whom you compete directly with for business on a daily basis.
- Competition drives us to be better. Knowing your competition helps you better determine your strengths and weaknesses. You are also better prepared to make your company stand out, instead of blending in to what everyone else is doing.
Who are your customers?
- Is it a busy, working mom? A retired couple? College student?
- By knowing who your customers are, you can clearly understand and communicate what you do to make their lives better when they come to your site. That message needs to be conveyed immediately. Donâ€™t make your customers search for what you do!
What is the goal of the website?
- What do you want your customer to do?
- Make sure to develop a clear Call to Action. People need to know what you want them to do on your website. Do you want them to buy something? Or do you want them to schedule an appointment? Make it clear and make the buttons easy to see, find, and click.
Anyone can put up a website, but one with carefully planned out content that is relevant to your industry, up-to-date, and easy to navigate is a different story. Taking the time to do this will always have you a step ahead of the competition. By spending time on quality content, your website will be at the top of search pages without spending extra advertising dollars.
Ready to conquer a new website but need additional guidance? Make sure to download a copy of our Digital Marketing Checklist and then schedule a meeting with one of our experts here at Adelsberger Marketing. Thatâ€™s what we are here for. Click below and weâ€™ll get started.